I have actually been storing this finished quilt in my sewing room for several weeks now. The quilting was finished in early June, but I stalled out on the binding. Once Matt left for Seattle, I spent most of my nights in my sewing room rather than sitting in front of the tv (which is when I sew most of my binding). I did finish it up after a few movie nights, but then I had to wait for a photo opportunity. It’s kind of hard to photograph a full size quilt all by yourself. 😉
I used Kona in pale flesh for the solid
All prints are Mendocino by Heather Ross
The pattern was based on this:
I didn’t piece the rectangles because I wanted larger pieces of the prints. I referenced the pattern for yardage and cutting dimensions, but did my own thing with the piecing.
Machine pieced and quilted. Quilting is a random, gentle wave pattern that travels across the quilt.
The label, including a tiny bit of selvedge (which I haven’t written out yet!):
And the back, which shows the quilting better:
I love how this quilt turned out. It took a lot longer to piece than I would have expected, and I had a tough time making the colors look random enough for my liking. It was really worth it, though! I love the colors, and I think it will work well in Addy’s bedroom for a long time.
I have quite a few scraps left, and I’m hoping to make some fun pillows from them. Just don’t hold your breathe for a post on them. 😉