Remember this tie? I had a really hard time cutting into the fabric, but in the end I was glad that I did. I couldn’t have picked a better print for that project!
Because neckties are cut on the bias, I ended up with some odd scraps. I didn’t want to cut into them for the scrap bins, so I folded them back up and stuck them with the rest of my stash.
So when I was searching for the right print to make into an ipad cover, I knew that my Good Folks would be just right! It’s one of those fabrics that I can look at over and over again without getting tired of it.
I used the dimensions that Quilt Dad specified in his Moda Bake Shop tutorial and added a velcro closure with a raw edge flower. I also pulled out my bias binder to attach the binding at the top of the sleeve-once you get over the learning curve, it’s a great tool!
I’m waiting on fabric to make Mat a similar sleeve, and I think I will cut down the dimensions next time. There is a lot of wiggle room in mine, and I personally prefer a snugger fit. Overall I love how it turned out, and with the velcro closure I think the fit will be just fine!