I love this dress! I’m really glad I took a chance with this floral print, because I think it makes the entire dress.
Pattern: Amy Butler’s Anna Tunic
Fabric: Amy Butler, Love line
Alterations: After reading reviews, I took 1″ off the bottom of the armscye to enlarge the opening. I think I need to take another 1/2″ off for comfort. I omitted the lining, and I added 2″ to the hem line by adding 1″ to the pattern and sewing a 1″ hem rather than a 2″ hem. Because I didn’t line the dress, I had to finish the bottom edge of the armscye-I used bias binding.
And with a wider belt:
I don’t love the belt from the pattern. I actually like the shift style with no belt, or the wide white belt.
The pattern was easy to follow and had great instructions. I might change the construction a bit next time. And I think the neckline could use some alterations so that it isn’t quite as high in the front.
I really like the flower detail, and the construction was very forgiving. I wasn’t going to include the flower, but it really adds to the dress!