This was a project from last spring, but I think it’s still worth a blog post. 🙂
Alterations that I made: I sized down a LOT. I think I went down 3 or 4 sizes, based on the pattern reviews. I also did a rolled hem, which added about an inch of length to my dress.
Finally, I shortened the bias straps and tacked the bust line closed a bit so that it fits more comfortably.
If I were to sew this pattern again, I would omit all of the interfacing. It made the fabric harder to work with, and the waist was a bit stiff until it was washed a few times. I might also line the top-without lining a bra is an absolute must.
The pattern was very easy to follow, and the instructions provided plenty of detail.
I’ve considered taking up the hem. I usually don’t like a short hem on a dress that has a gathered waist, but the gathering on this dress isn’t heavy enough to cause the poof that I want to avoid.